What are Dental Implants?
Implants act as prosthetic tooth roots that are placed in the jawbone to serve as the foundation for replacement teeth. They can be used to replace one or more missing teeth, and since they integrate with the jawbone, they give stability and support to the new teeth. Here’s what you should know about dental implants if you’re thinking about getting them.
Dental Implants Options we Offer
● Endosteal Dental Implants: Endosteal dental implants are the most common type of dental implant and an excellent option for those who want their false teeth fitted into place. Endosteal implants are placed in your jawbone to act as an artificial root for a replacement tooth. They’re placed in the jawbone, so they require good healing and strong bone structure to be successful.
The post will eventually integrate with your surrounding bone and gum tissues – you may experience some discomfort when it’s first put in. Most patients report the recovery experience is easier than a tooth extraction. Dr. Wimmergren will provide you with information and tools to manage this and promote healing.
Dental Implants: Single vs. Multiple
Rivers Bend Family Dental provides a wide range of dental procedures to make it convenient for your family to tend to all its dental needs. Our services include but are not limited
Benefits of Dental Implants:
● Dental implants are incredibly secure and stable; they won’t slip or move like dentures.
Download required patient forms
The Procedure of Dental Implant Surgery
After successful dental implant placement, the implant and bone become so bonded that they cannot be separated without fracture. This process is called Osseointegration.
3. Abutment Placement The implant is usually accompanied by a metal extender known as an abutment. Abutments are utilized to attach the implant to the replacement tooth.
4. Placement of Replacement Teeth: Once all this is completed, it’s now time to replace the tooth/teeth. If the option you chose is a detachable denture, it will be linked to the abutment through a metal frame. This removable option may be cleaned at home daily.
If you choose a fixed tooth, it will be cemented or screwed into place on the abutment.
Risks Involved in the Procedure
● When dental implants are inserted in the upper jaw, they may intrude into one of your sinus cavities, which results in sinus difficulties.
Meet the Best Implant Dentist in Ramsey, MN— Dr. Andrea Wimmergren
Looking for Dental Implants in Ramsey, MN, and Surrounding Areas? Contact Us for the Best Dental Implant Services
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth and offer several benefits over other tooth replacement options. If you’re considering dental implants, our River’s Bend Family Dental team can help you schedule an appointment to see if they’re the right option for you. Contact us today to get started!